Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fluffy Chiffon Pettiskirt

For my daughter's 5th birthday, I wanted to make her something special. She is every bit the girly girl and loves anything that twirls and spins and makes her feel like a princess. When I saw the tutorial on Make It and Love It for the Full and fluffy Pettiskirt, I knew I had found my next project.

I went to the website where I purchased my chiffon (which I would highly recommend for quality and customer service) and let Leah pick out her 2 favorite colors, without letting on what it was for. I must admit, I was surprised by her choices, but went with it anyway. Turns out, she made an excellent choice!

As soon as I got the chiffon in the mail, I got started on all the ruffles. Holy cow, there were so many ruffles!!! Seriously, 60 yards of turquoise ruffles!!


Once I got the ruffles done, I took a couple weeks off, figuring I had plenty of time to finish (her party wasn't for another month, no sweat). Well, being me, I procrastinated until the day of the party. I was rushing to get the skirt done and finished with 4 hours to spare, not to mention I still had to get all the party decorations up and food prepared. I'll never learn.

But it was all so worth it. She loved it and it looked fantastic on her. And a bonus, the pettiskirt doubles as a fluffifier (yeah, I made that up) under all her dress up princess clothes.


This skirt was definitely a labor of love and I don't really look forward to making any more, but seeing as how we're expecting a little girl in February, I'm pretty sure another pettiskirt is in my future. At least it will be on a smaller scale this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment